Are you looking for a fun way to get involved with Habitat Montco? Consider joining our Special Event Committee.
About Habitat: Since 1989, Habitat Montco’s mission has been to eliminate poverty housing. Our four programs (Homebuying, Critical Home Repair, Neighborhood Revitalization, and Almost Home) aim to support families in our community by providing strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter. In addition, we promote community involvement and individual responsibility. As an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, we are an independent, locally run, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
Committee Objective: The purpose of this committee is to plan and execute a fundraising event that is to take place on April 6, 2017 at Normandy Farm in Blue Bell, PA. The event will benefit Habitat Montco and contribute to the continued success of our programs in the community. The committee will be made up of volunteers, who will work closely with Habitat Montco staff to discuss expectations, set goals, and create a successful event.
Special Event Committee:
- Determine the type of event
- Work with Habitat Montco staff to set event goals for fundraising, attendance, media attention, etc.
- Oversee overall planning and organization
- Set dates and locations for planning meetings
- Establish a task management schedule
- Ensure communication between committees is efficient, active, and productive
- Form subcommittees to coordinate/plan event details
- Corporate Sponsorship and Fundraising
- Manage plans for solicitation of individual and corporate sponsors
- Establish list of all potential sponsors
- Keep track of contacts, requests, and outcomes/sponsorship status
- Ensure sponsors receive all benefits and recognition previously outlined by the committee
- Design, Marketing, and Promotions*
- Responsible for all materials (signage, brochures, tickets, etc.)
- Research all promotional opportunities; create promotion schedule
- Ensure sponsor recognition
- Develop event programs, catalogues
*All materials must be approved by Habitat Montco Staff
- Decoration and Production
- Make a plan of décor wants and needs
- Ensure décor plan is in accordance with rules of the venue, limits of the theme, and event budget
- Coordinate and oversee set-up, production, and clean up
- Establish plan to meet auction fundraising goal
- Develop list of potential items that fit theme of event and have potential to sell for their stated values or more
- Compile list of potential donors and secure donations from broader community
- Create auction list (item description, value, any related restrictions)
- Develop and print auction catalog (in collaboration with Design, Marketing, and Promotions Subcommittee)
- Organize and prepare items for auction display (in collaboration with Decoration and Production SubCommittee)
- Create bid sheets and worth with Habitat MontCo to determine minimum bids, if applicable
- Activities and Entertainment
- Arrange for interactive activities and entertainment throughout the event
- Establish schedule of the event that coordinates activities, ensuring smooth flow from start to finish
- Coordinate needs of the entertainment, performers, games, etc. that are scheduled; solicit prizes, if necessary
- Ensure activities and entertainment are in accordance with rules of the venue, limits of the theme, and event budget
Expected time commitment:
- Meetings will begin 9 months out from the event.
- Attend in-person meeting every other month.
- Complete tasks between meetings (Approx. 10 hours per month)
- Sub-committees may have occasional conference calls between committee meetings.