ReStore is staffed primarily by volunteers. Individuals and groups can help us build and repair homes without lifting a hammer! All ReStore proceeds support Habitat Montco's mission to end substandard housing in Montgomery County. Since 2010, volunteers have collectively contributed over 3,600 hours of their time to help run the ReStore. We will work with you to match your skills to our needs.
POSSIBLE VOLUNTEER TASKS:
Tour the county with our ReStore truck and pick up donated items. Must be able to lift 70 lbs.
Help unload customer donations, move items within the store and help load customer purchases. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Help clean, sort and do minor repairs on donated items. Assist customers on the sales floor.
Check out customer purchases and keep the register area of the store neat and stocked.
Assist with data entry and special web/computer-based projects.
Schedule Your Volunteer Day Now
In order to for an individual to volunteer, he/she must be registered on VolunteerLocal, our online volunteer management portal. All individual volunteers must schedule their shifts through VolunteerLocal. ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST ATTEND AN ORIENTATION prior to volunteering. Register for an orientation through VolunteerLocal.
How to Register on VolunteerLocal:
- Go to our scheduling site: VolunteerLOCAL
- Once on the site click to the place and shift you would like to volunteer for and then find your shift/date!
- After you have found the task you’re interested in, find the CORRECT shift (DATE/TIME) and click the checkbox.
- Next you can scroll to the bottom to enter your information and be sure to complete the DIGITAL SIGNATURE for the “DISCLAIMER” - LIABILITY WAIVER at the bottom!
- CLICK – SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER!
- You should then receive a confirmation email!
- Arrive to your volunteer site at the appointed time in the appropriate work attire.
If you have questions or need assistance with VolunteerLocal, please contact Cara Przybylowicz, our Community Relations Manager, at email@example.com or 610-278-7710 ext. 114. Cara works Tuesday-Saturday and will return calls and emails within 48 hours of her work week. Thank you so much for your patience as well coordinate your volunteer opportunity.
Schedule a Group Volunteer Day
To receive more information about group volunteer days or to schedule a group volunteer day, please contact Cara Przybylowicz, Volunteer and Community Relations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-278-7710 ext. 114. Due to the high number of volunteer inquiries, please be patient for Cara's response.