What are the assets of a community? The people, the location, the architecture, the culture… it’s a little bit of all of these things.
In 2013, Habitat Montco realized that although building homes was changing lives, building houses alone was not enough to stabilize neighborhoods and develop communities. The Neighborhood Revitalization Program works holistically with communities to identify local assets and goals, stabilize neighborhoods, and improve residents’ safety and quality of life. Starting with physical home repairs for neighborhood homeowners and on blighted properties, Habitat Montco works with local governments, community partners, and residents to help neighborhoods grow and thrive.
- Increase neighborhood safety
- Increase residents’ quality of life
- Increase homeownership rates
- Increase access to affordable housing
- Decrease vacant and blighted property
- Increase property values
- Increase economic development
- Increase and maintain physical infrastructure
- Increase residents’ financial stability
- Increase social cohesion
- Increase civic engagement
- Increase youth engagement
- Create a neighborhood association led by residents
To become a community partner, please contact Marianne Lynch, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 610-278-7710 ext. 112.