Thank you for rocking the block with us and the Norristown Neighborhood Revitalization (NR) Zone community on Saturday, September 19, 2015. Last year we kicked off our NR Zone community partnership with the first Rock the Block. On that day, more than 100 community members, volunteers, partners and civic leaders revamped the Cherry St. park, beautified the streets, and repaired porches along Cherry St. (watch the video). This year we expanded the NR zone to 14 blocks and continued to revitalize this community with the help of 200 volunteers.
Throughout the day, we:
- Repaired 4 homes inside and out
- Painted and repainted 72 stoops
- Weeded and mulched 75 street trees
- Installed 12 smoke alarms
- Added and repaired fencing in the Cherry Street park
- Repainted 2 play structures in the park
- Collected more than 100 bags of trash
- Repaired the roof on the Christian Network Outreach Church on Elm Street
- Painted the Children’s Room at the Norristown branch of the Montgomery County Library
- Continued rehabbing 130 Wayne Avenue
- Weeded sidewalks, open areas, and around stoops
If your civic, faith-based, school, or professional group would like to participate in next fall's Rock the Block 2016 in Norristown, please contact Cara Przybylowicz , Volunteer and Community Relations Manager, at Cara@habitatmontco.org or 610-278-7710 ext. 114.
Saturday, September 17, 2016
7:00 am – 4:00 pm
Powell Street & Swede Street, Norristown, PA 19401
A special thank you to RTB 2015 sponsor, Wells Fargo, for their generous support this year!
We look forward to seeing everyone at Rock the Block 2016!