Position Title: Family Services Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Family Services
Department: Family Services
Status: Full-time, exempt, eligible for benefits
The Family Services Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Family Services to manage administrative functions for the department, in addition to coordinating and facilitating the Almost Home program, a financial literacy and life skills course.
The Family Services Coordinator will oversee the intake and referral of families into the appropriate program, tracking family progress, and managing all data and reporting for the Homeownership and Almost Home programs, in addition to supporting intake and data for other program areas. As part of these responsibilities, the position will continuously improve systems, policies, and procedures relating to the intake and tracking of applicant families.
The Family Services Coordinator position will also be responsible for organizing four sessions of the Almost Home program per year (2 classes/week for 8 weeks), recruit the volunteers to lead each of the 16 sessions as teachers, and recruit and maintain a network of 32 volunteer financial counselors – working with staff to vet each for financial expertise and ability to work with a diverse population. The Family Services Coordinator will also enhance the curriculum in response to the needs of the families participating, coordinate meals, child care and locations of each session. This position will allow HFHMC to have qualified families available for current and future projects, thus impacting 50 families this year. More broadly, the position will support the mission of everyone having a safe, decent, affordable place to live.
- Knowledge of personal finance and budgeting, especially relating to college loan debts
- Excellent at facilitating groups
- Ability and sensitivity to working with a diverse group of people
- Results oriented
- Experience managing intake processes
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, upbeat attitude – and a sense of humor!
- Committed to supporting other Habitat for Humanity events and programs
- Work with the Family Services Director to manage the intake process for Almost Home and Home Buying programs, gathering financial documentation, organizing filing system, setting up initial appointments, and providing information on the programs to participants.
- Enhance curriculum for the Almost Home program to adapt to the needs of current participants.
- Identify key partnerships needed for program success and manage partner relationships.
- Recruit, train, and maintain a network of volunteers to serve as financial coaches for the Almost Home program.
- Coordinate and facilitate 16 (2 per week) sessions 4 times during the year to include securing class location, meals, and child care for each session.
- Identify and recruit appropriate audiences for the Almost Home sessions.
- Act as a liaison between families participating in the Almost Home class and the organization.
- Work with the Family Selection committee to identify families ready to enter the Almost Home program.
- Survey families entering the Almost Home class, at three, six, nine months post participation and compile data from surveys to share impact with community and to adjust program as needed.
- Answer calls related to Almost Home; follow up with interested participants and collaborating community organizations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or related experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in social service non-profit with a demonstrated track record of success in implementing and maintaining programs. Experience with affordable housing, financial literacy, or facilitating workshops a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to meet host site’s insurance requirements
- Ability to handle multiple, often conflicting responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to clearly and concisely document conversations, in writing, and keep current records of all applications in process.
- Computer Skills Required: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Internet, and evaluation software
Apply: If you are interested in the Family Services Coordinator position, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.